Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Farm New 07-22-07

Barn Events

Suzette, the nice, reliable mother rabbit, produced four baby bunnies on July 3rd. By July 12th they had their eyes open and were able to accompany me on a trip to the dentist. Two young girls were in the office to see the dentist, also, and I let them each hold a bunny while the dentist was working on them, with the understanding that they were to bite the dentist if they had a chance.

Four-Ten, daughter of Shotgun, produced a litter of kittens and all but one have found new homes. Shotgun has been behaving in her normal sluttish manner and appears to be pregnant, again.

We now have eight nice young pullets in the chicken house that should start laying eggs soon. There are seven ducks running around eating grasshoppers and one duck sitting on eggs somewhere. So far this year none of the ducks have managed to hatch any babies.

I was going to sell all the goats this summer, but a neighbor showed up and wanted to sell seven big round bales of nice hay at a good price. So, I bought the hay and now I’ll keep the goats so I’ll have something to eat the hay this winter. Besides, what kind of Spring would it be without baby goats?

Farm News Publication News

After almost two months of internet problems, Farm News is finally coming out again. To be honest, I enjoyed the break. I’ve been writing this for over three years and a few weeks without writing were quite pleasant. During that time I worked on the new Geezernet web site, where Farm News will be published when the site is ready. I wanted to be able to add pictures and other stuff that is difficult to do with email. Although Farm News is not published on the site yet, you are invited to take a look at what I have done to date (not much) at www.GeezerNet.com.

I'll try to get back to writing for next week's issue.



Book Report

Disobedience by Jane Hamilton

Jane Hamilton seems to be worthy of being called the successor to J. D. Salinger. In Disobedience seventeen year old Henry reads his mother's email and discovers that she is having an affair. Henry, also, is discovering love. Nothing exciting happens, we just take a pleasant stroll through a year of Henry's mind. I liked the book a lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home